SQL Server Programmer/Data Architect
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: SQL Server Programmer/Data Architect
Position Location: Home Office - White Plains, NY
The Data Architect will be responsible for the proper design of the backend MS SQL database for public facing, mission critical, medium-to-large scale applications to meet functional, performance, reliability, and availability requirements. This position requires sound knowledge of architecting complex database design for proper integration with application for current and future technologies. The selected individual must have a strong understanding of data and experience in mapping data between various systems and coming up with a migration strategy. Additionally, the Data Architect will maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of technologies, planning, design, and analysis methodologies.
- Manage Database programmers and DBAs team to support enhancement requests and bug fixes on current legacy systems.
- Analyze various systems and understand data mappings
- Plan and execute data migration strategy
- Work independently with business users to understand legacy data and how it fits in overall data map
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing current operations, applications, and programming; review objectives with Product development teams and customers; evaluate current systems
- Work with Product Development Team to architect Database Design and strategy
- Work with Business Users to architect Data Warehouse strategy based on reporting, analytical and dashboarding requirements
- Work as part of the Software development team in an effort to design, develop, tune, integrate and cleanse the new constituent management solution.
- Work as part of the product development team to develop, test, tune and integrate various 3rd party partner database systems and feeds.
- Work as part of the product development team on new initiatives for constituent account data hygiene including merge/purge, list generation, address verification and NCOA processes.
- Provide best practices and guidelines for administration and support for all current and future databases including monitoring, backups and disaster recovery planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experienced in managing SQL Server DBA/Programmer resources.
- Broad specification, design, software development, systems tuning and usability testing skills.
- Experience working within highly productive IT teams.
- Experience with Data Migration
- Experience supporting development cycles and implementing version control
- Ability to work in a global team environment with limited managerial oversight
- Hands-on experience in MS SQL. Must be able to dive into database and recommend strategies to improve performance, scalability, and security of application
- Solid skills in understanding, communicating, and working with user constituencies.
- Strong verbal and written presentation abilities.
- Ability to develop and execute detailed software project plans.
- 8-10 years hands-on experience designing and developing databases for complex web applications,
- Strong MS SQL architecting experience, strong OOA/D skills preferred
- Experience in designing data warehouse and analytical solutions to support business requirements
- Extensive experience with Design Patterns, XML, Web Services, SOAP, SOAP Extensions, AJAX, N-Tier development experience
- Familiarity with web scraping, data mining, data harvesting technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical writing experience preferred
- Experience in Database performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting, database backups & restore, setting up alerts
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Information Technology disciplines.
Please send resume, cover letter along with salary history to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Director of Staffing
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
To apply on-line, go to: SQL Server Programmer/Data Architect
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.