Region Vice President
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Region Vice President
Immediate Supervisor: SVP, Field Development
Department: Field Development
Position: Full Time
- The Regional Vice President will provide overall leadership and management to assigned Region including developing strategies for regional collaboration, utilization of resources, economies of scale, and regional leadership necessary to achieve the overall Regional net income budget annually by maximizing revenue generating opportunities within the Region.
- RVP will supervise Executive Directors and in partnership with national campaign staff, the Regional Directors of TNT, LTN and Special Events.
- The Regional Vice President will partner with the Region Directors of TNT, LTN and Special events as well as HR, Mission and Marketing staff in assigned Region in strategic planning and alignment; financial, personnel, and operational management; fund raising, campaign execution; marketing & communications; volunteer engagement; board and organizational development.
- Conducts these activities with the approval of the LLS President and EVP for Campaign & Field Development and SVP for Field Development and in coordination with the National Office senior management team.
- Chapter Guidance and Oversight:
- Provide management guidance and supervision to assigned Executive Directors through performance planning, objective setting, performance monitoring, review and annual evaluation, and guidance on overall chapter development.
- Assess and recommend ways to strengthen the effectiveness and efficiency of chapter and regional operations, including staffing plans, administrative systems, management procedures, facilities and equipment.
- Assess and recommend ways to enhance the chapter's organizational presence and overall performance in primary and secondary market areas.
- Assist SVP Field Development in working with the chapter board's search committee and home office senior management in the search and selection process for new chapter Executive Directors, in collaboration with the National Human Resources Director.
- Advise Executive Directors in the hiring and promotion of key chapter staff in concert and with input from with regional TNT, LTN, and SE Directors (if applicable campaign positions).
- Evaluates resources within the Region and develop plans which support maximum revenue results within the market.
- Evaluate the income growth potential of all Regional activities and develop appropriate strategies to ensure (net?) income growth and stability.
- Manages Region and collective budget of staff resources to support attainment of net income for Region each fiscal year: to include marshalling resources across chapters in Region to maximize return on investment.
- Provide management guidance and supervision, in partnership with SVP of Campaign Development and designated NO staff, to Regional LTN, TNT and SE Campaign Directors ensuring campaign best practices are followed Works with NO colleagues to develop ED performance objectives that include campaign and revenue budget achievement.
- Work closely with NO partners to provide dotted line management to Regional Marketing, Mission, HR, MGO and Finance staff.
- Recommend and lead the facilitation of territorial realignments including consolidations where appropriate and appropriate resource allocation where opportunities exist.
- Identify and coordinate regional opportunities in training, income development, public awareness, sponsorship, corporate and volunteer development in partnership with National Office colleagues.
- Facilitates regional meetings focused on alignment, partnership opportunities, sharing of best practices, training, etc. in partnership with National Office colleagues.
Planning and Communications:
- In partnership with National Volunteer Engagement, work closely with chapters within Region on achieving high level chapter Board of Trustees, providing guidance on Board development, strategic direction, mission activities, LLS priorities and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the SVP Field Development
Fund Raising and Marketing & Communications:
- Assist in developing individual campaign budgets, annual plans and long term net revenue growth strategies with input from Regional TNT, LTN and SE Directors and National Office colleagues.
- Identify outlying market potential and high potential growth areas (both geographic and campaign specific).
Patient Services and Advocacy:
- Assess and recommend future directions for Mission: patient and advocacy program offerings and performance.
- Reinforce the LLS focus on, and expectations for, chapter mission programs including advocacy and patient services.
Finance and Administration:
- Guide the development and assess the chapter annual and monthly budgets, and financial forecasts.
- Monitor and ensure timeliness and accuracy of chapter compliance with LLS reporting and policy requirements (i.e., remittances, monthly financial results, F.A.M.E, administrative deadlines, policies and procedures, etc
- Participate in the assessment of chapter information systems and procedures and provide recommendations for enhanced operations.
- Monitor and encourage full utilization of the national constituency management system.
- Must reside within the region s/he manages
- Broad knowledge, experience, and skill in non-profit management with emphasis on strategic planning, financial management, organizational and volunteer development, fund raising, donor development, problem solving, and team building.
Ability to leverage relationships and negotiate agreements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership, supervisory and team building skills.
- Minimum B.A. degree.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible related experience with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
Please forward resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
To apply on-line, go to:Region Vice President