Region Team in Training Director
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Region Team In Training Director
Position Title: Region Team In Training Director
- Provide senior level direction for all Team In Training campaigns within assigned region to achieve and exceed revenue goals. Basic functions include the implementation of the national Team In Training strategic plan and playbook within the region, ensuring organizational best practices are fully implemented, recruiting and managing high level volunteers, oversight and leadership of all campaign revenue generation activities, oversight and management of expense and fiscal controls, staff hiring, training and campaign guidance, and marketing/promotions and logistics for Team In Training within the assigned region. Works to develop synergy and maximize opportunities that exist within the chapters/region.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision of the Region Vice President and National Team In Training campaign staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to design and execute activities focused on increasing revenue and volunteer engagement for Team In Training in assigned region which includes specific revenue, retention and recruitment goals, volunteer leadership development plans, recruitment and cultivation events, budgets, timelines, logistics and marketing for the campaign.
- Partners with chapter staff and EDs to identify, cultivate and steward Team In Training leadership volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing Team In Training strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement, and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants.
- Partners with Region Vice President, EDs and National Team In Training campaign staff to develop chapter and regional staffing structures that maximizes staff talents and allows the region to successfully and efficiently achieve goals.
- In partnership with the chapter ED, participates in hiring, guiding and training of campaign and support staff in program best practices with an emphasis on volunteer development and fundraising.
- Contributes to Team In Training staff evaluations in partnership with chapter Executive Directors.
- Partners with EDs and chapter staff to maximize volunteer management and development within the region. Participates in prospecting, recruitment, executive committee meetings, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation.
- Provides strategic guidance and participation for key events associated with Team In Training; including but not limited to preparation for and participation in committee meetings, recruitment events, kickoffs, event day.
- Manages and assures that cash sponsorships, retail partnerships, in-kind sponsors, media and materials are coordinated through a regional plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, customer service, retention and recognition.
- In concert with EDs and Region Vice Presidents manages income and expenses associated with Team In Training in assigned region and facilitates comprehensive campaign records, evaluations, and reports and takes appropriate action to ensure revenue goals are achieved.
- Completes national campaign projects under the direction of the national Team In Training staff as assigned including but not limited to specific TNT event weekend leadership, national tool development and updates, national conference calls, etc
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them. Ensures that the LLS mission is integrated throughout the region to tie fundraising efforts and results to campaign revenue and volunteer impact.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please forward resume,and cover letter
Director of Staffing
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
To apply on-line, go to: