Manager, Learning & Development
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Manager, Learning & Development
Immediate Supervisor's Title: Senior Director, Talent Management
Department: Human Resources
Position Status: F/T
Position Location: National Office, White Plains, New York
Provide professional leadership, management and support for the Society's learning and development program using a variety of strategies designed to enhance the skills of staff and volunteers. Work in collaboration with the Senior Director, Talent Management and field management in the development and management of a strategy and an annual learning and development plan.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Manage the Society's efforts to develop a national learning and development program consistent with the LLS strategic plans and desired achievement levels for the national office and region and chapter employees.
- Work in partnerships across the organization and in consultation with field management and the Senior Director, Talent Management, to define and refine learning and development plans to meet specific performance needs and address identified gaps. Conduct an annual organization-wide training needs assessment.
- Research, develop, coordinate and implement business skills and professional development training for varying levels of staff.
- Develop the Society's management training curriculum including the development of communication and resource materials.
- Develop, manage and roll out the Society's e-learning program.
- Develop and manage an internal skills bank.
- Partner with Senior Manager, Talent Management Systems and Metrics to implement a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Provide overall leadership and management support in the planning and implementation of the annual professional conference.
- Develop a process for measuring the effectiveness of training programs through various evaluation tools.
- Determine program improvements and make modifications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Personal Characteristics & Skills Required:
- Proactive and entrepreneurial self-starter, able to work independently.
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing an L&D strategic plan and function.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of L&D: conducting needs analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation of training programs. business skills training/program development .
- Skilled presenter/facilitator: consistently demonstrates deep listening, effective questioning techniques and the ability to create an optimal learning environment by leveraging group dynamics to engage students and transfer knowledge.
- Customer-service focused: Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with stakeholders to meet business objectives.
- Flexible and innovative; highly adaptable to dynamic business environment; catalyst for change.
- Handles ambiguity and creates clarity, order and structure where little exists.
- Highly energetic and engaged; supportive of leadership and role model for LLS values.
- Professional, mature behavior exhibiting enthusiasm and reliability.
- Exercises sound judgment with good analytical skills, while making pro-active decisions.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and writing communication skills.
- Thrives when multi-tasking and managing multiple projects well to meet deadlines.
- Accesses information from a variety of sources.
- Has working knowledge of learning tools and various multimedia.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and internet skills. Advanced PowerPoint.
- Master's Degree in instructional design, training, a related discipline or equivalent coursework.
- 3-5 years of managing a corporate training function.
- 5-7 years of training/program design and delivery, including classroom, e-learning and webcast.
- Experience in a national organization with organizational complexity/multiple locations
- Knowledge of Articulate Suite (Presenter, Engager, Quiz Maker)
- Able to lift 25-35 lbs due to travel requirements.
- Travel approximately 25-50%
Please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION):
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Attn: Human Resources
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
Fax: (914) 821-8247
Online: Manager, Learning & Development