How to Submit a Nomination
National Awards Submission Guidelines
These guidelines apply to all National Awards except Media Awards. For Media Awards submission guidelines, see below.
Deadline: February 28, 2014
You must submit a nomination form. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) must receive the form on or before February 28, 2014.
Media Awards Submission Guidelines
Deadline: August 1, 2014
All articles, clips or images must have appeared between July 1 and June 30. LLS must receive all nomination forms and supporting materials on or before August 1, 2014. LLS cannot return submitted materials.
You must submit a nomination form and the following items:
Submit two original tear sheets showing:
- the publication masthead
- the date(s) published
- the geographic area covered
In the photojournalism category, submit two copies of the magazine or newspaper tear sheet. The narrative should provide:
- the publication's circulation
- how often the publication covered LLS events or activities in a 12-month period
- how the event or activity benefited from coverage, such as increased attendance or additional sponsorships
Television (broadcast and cable)
Describe on the nomination form, in 150 words or less, the involvement of the nominee (television station, station personality) and its significance to the local LLS office.
Describe on the nomination form, in 150 words or less, the involvement of the nominee (radio station, station personality) and its significance to the local LLS office.
Submit two CD-ROMs of the website, labeled with launch date and number of visits to the site within a 30-day period.
The Awards Committee of the National Board of Representatives is responsible for reviewing all nominations for completeness and compliance with the criteria established for each category.
- National Awards recipients will be announced internally by April 1, 2014 and notification of their winner (s) will be emailed to the chapter Executive Director.
- Media Awards recipients will be announced internally by October 1, 2014 and notification of their winner (s) will be emailed to the chapter Executive Director.