Who Is Not Eligible for an Award?
Certain circumstances may disqualify an individual or organization from receiving an award from The Leukemia & Lymphona Society (LLS).
Nominees will not be considered for an award if:
- the nominee is currently receiving funding from LLS
- the nominee is currently serving as a chair of a national committee or subcommittee
- the nominee is a member of the Awards Committee
- the nominee is a current or former employee of LLS
In the above situations, the Awards Committee will notify the person making the nomination that the nomination will be held until such time as:
- the individual's grant has expired
- the individual no longer serves as a committee chair
- the individual no longer serves on the Awards Committee
- a period of at least five years has elapsed since the nominee ceased to be employed by LLS
If a nominee has already been the recipient of recognition by virtue of a National Award, absent extraordinary conditions or circumstances, he or she should be ineligible for additional National Award recognition for a period of five years.